Pageviews past week

Monday, January 04, 2010

It was a bullish start to the new year as the Dow gained 155 points. Volume was light but the advance/declines were over 4 to 1 positive. We'll have to see how the rest of the week progresses. Summation index heading higher again. Not overbought short term just yet so we could see some more upside near term. We'll see. Gold had a good day, up over $20. The XAU rose 5 3/4. All the gold shares were up at least a buck with GG leading the way, up 1 1/3. Volume wasn't anything special though. The dollar was weaker today. ABX rallied a buck but my calls are still in the red by a touch. That's the dilemma now. 9 days to go and even a one point move in my favor didn't do much. I don't know how much longer I can stay in this trade really. I don't know if I can wait until Fridays employment report. Not overbought yet short term for the gold shares but I didn't like todays action. I'll check things out overnight. Mentally I'm a bit tired, did not sleep well. It's the start of a new trading year and I'm feeling optimistic that it should go well. I'll be keeping an eye on gold overnight and we'll take it from there. No OEX trades just yet but we are near the top of the technical indicators and channels. Doesn't mean we have to drop though. We'll see what the second trading day of the year brings tomorrow.

No comments: