Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Getting the expected bounce now as the Dow gained 42 points on average volume. Advance/declines were negative though. The Fed announcement came and went. Nothing new there. We were lower for most of the day and rallied in the last hour and a half. We're working off the oversold condition. GDP and the end of the month on Friday. I'm still leaning towards the OEX puts at some point next week if we hold up. Gold lost $13 and the XAU dropped 1 1/3. ABX and GG had fractional losses while NEM was unchanged. All were lower during the trading session. Volume was average for lately. My ABX calls are still underwater. The dollar was higher today. I am getting a buy signal from the Gold/XAU ratio and the gold shares are still oversold. However, I cannot hold on to this trade forever and should be out by the end of the week. Unless Friday is a huge up day for gold and I don't see that happening at the moment. Mentally I'm doing OK. Is it possible that the decline is over here? Maybe but I'm thinking that it isn't. The summation index is still pointing down but the stock indices are oversold technically. So there are some crosscurrents. Obviously the ABX call trade was a mistake on my part at this point. I'll need to take care of that before I move on to the OEX.

No comments: