Pageviews past week

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Dow lost 45 points today. Volume was average and the advance/declines were negative. The Fed did not raise rates. The market initially rose on the news and my order for OEX puts was almost filled. It got to within a nickel but wasn't filled. The market then turned around and sold off. It did what I expected but I didn't make any money on it. Frustrating but you gotta move on. Gold was down a bit and the XAU was off a couple of points. My main problem today was my computer constantly freezing up. It is hard enough to trade and concentrate on what needs to be done without computers problems. I am going to have to buy a new computer. So I will have to do some research and shop around. It is a situation that I don't want to deal with but you need a legitimate machine to do business on. There is no getting around it. I am really getting tired of having to do everything myself but that is just the way it goes. Better to deal with it now than when I have a really big trade on. I do not have any other trades in the offing. But if we grind our way lower here I will look to get long. Gold doesn't look attractive at the moment. That's all for today. I think the market could just slow down here and get a bit boring with traders on vacation for summer. We'll see.

No comments: