Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Dow gained another 96 points on good volume to a new 3 month high. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 positive. It looks like nowhere but up. The summation index is pointing higher again. Perhaps my scenario of lower prices in the autumn is wrong. I have missed a good trade here. Intuition counts for something in this game too. Really nothing to do now but be patient and wait. There is no other option at this time. Perhaps the earnings will be poor in the fall and that will be a catalyst for a drop. Perhaps not. I don't want to jump into anything here at the moment. Augusts trade was missed and that is all there is to it. Gold was up around $9 and the XAU rose a couple of points. The volume was light here and I have no gold trades in the works at the moment. Not much else to say. It is summer but that is no excuse to let up here. I am reading the blue book and getting caught up on other readings. I am checking the charts and trying to stay on top of things. Mentally I'm OK at the moment. We'll see how expiration week ends up...

No comments: