Pageviews past week

Friday, July 09, 2004

Market up today. The Dow gained 40 points. Advance/declines were good but the volume was light. I would like to buy some OEX calls but just can't bring myself to do it. I have even got an intermediate term buy signal on one of my indicators. But it just doesn't seem like the market really wants to go up here. However there is also a chance that an inverse head and shoulders pattern is developing on the OEX. I'm on the sidelines for now. Gold did not move today. However the XAU and NEM sold off early, only to rally back late in the day and both ended positive for the day. They are overbought for sure here. And NEM is just about at resistance at $42.5. If it somehow breaks through that barrier maybe $45 is in the cards. Wishful thinking. It is interesting though, especially when you own the calls. Lots of data coming out next week and earnings too. Plus option expiration. Should be a busy week. And I should be taking some profits. NEM is moving pretty strong. The ideal scenario is to sell the positions sometime next week and then re-buy them back cheaper in a couple weeks. Ahh, if only the markets worked that way. I think by now we know they don't. More this weekend...

No comments: