Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Market again weak today with the Dow off 63 points. The advance/declines were moderately weaker and the volume was light. We were down over 80 points during the session. I'd love to take a stab at getting some calls here. Definitely oversold here on a short-term basis and even getting there on a longer-term basis. Might only be a bounce but we are due. Perhaps tomorrow I'll put in an order. Gold had an interesting day. It was off over $5. However the XAU was only down half a point and NEM was actually up a little on heavy volume. Normally I would consider the action to be pretty bullish. But I checked the headlines and it seems over the weekend in Barrons, the CEO of NEM said gold is in a paradigm shift with relation to the US dollar. He sees nothing but good things for NEM and the gold market because of this. Whenever they start mentioning something like this in a major publication, it's usually the kiss of death. New paradigm? Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, right at the top of the tech boom. Would not be surprised to see NEM trade sideways now, which would kill my options. I need a break through resistance at $40 to see these positions work. Next resistance, which I believe is stronger, comes in around $42.5. Will sell out there if it ever happens. OEX calls tomorrow? We'll see...

No comments: