Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Just hanging around today as the Dow fell another 131 points on good volume. The advance/declines were negative. The summation index continues to move down. Small losses in the NASDAQ and S&P 500 as the Dow was the leader lower. Waiting on tomorrows inflation data. Not looking for any surprises there but who knows? The short term indicators for the S&P are still trending lower with some at the mid-range level. No SPY option trades for now. However I am still in the camp that the market starts to turn higher sooner rather than later. Gold was up $37 on the futures. The US dollar was higher an interest rates finished mixed. The XAU rose 1 1/3 and GDX added around 1 1/4. Volume was just a bit below average. The short term indicators for GDX are trying to turn up in oversold territory. I would like to try the GDX October calls on any weakness tomorrow. That is the plan at the moment. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The VIX finished basically unchanged today. The short term indicators here are heading sideways. I'm still not sure what's next for the VIX. Plenty of economic data out tomorrow highlighted by the inflation report. End of the month to deal with too. So it should be an interesting session. Europe was mixed and Asia generally lower overnight. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment