Pageviews past week

Friday, December 23, 2016

Not much today as expected.  The Dow rose 14 points on extremely light volume.  The advance/declines were positive.  The summation index is starting to go sideways again.  It's holiday time and the stock market doesn't matter for a few days.  I'm hoping for a Christmas present of a chance to get the SPY January calls.  GE was up a nickel with the same lack of volume.  Gold rose a couple bucks and the US dollar was a touch weaker.  The XAU and GDX rose on anemic volume.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  No real interest in stocks this week which was a bit of surprise to me.  I thought that maybe we'd get to 20000, given the positive seasonal factors.  Perhaps next week.  We're still short term overbought on the major stock indices any way you look at it.  The market takes Monday off for Christmas.  I suppose I don't expect much movement next week as well but you never know.  I'll be looking for clues over the next few days.  For now 's Friday afternoon and time for a rest.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. 

No comments: