Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Quiet summer like trading as the Dow gained 2 points on light volume.  The advance/declines were negative.  The technical conditions remain the same.  Long overdue for some downside.  I dumped my June OEX puts for a 95% loss.  Bad timing, no trade management and that was a textbook case of how not to do things.  No excuses though as I had many opportunities to cut the loss but did not take them.  How was I to know that the normal technical signals would not work this time?  Probably when they failed to work early in the trade.  GE was off a few pennies on light volume.  I'm still going to get some calls for next January here at some point this year.  Gold had s slight rally as the futures rose six bucks.  This, despite more upside in the US dollar.  The XAU was up 1 3/4.  ABX added 1/4, GG rose 7/8 and NEM up 1/8.  Volume remains light.  Still oversold on gold and the gold shares but we are working off the short term oversold condition.  I'm not ready to jump in on the gold shares here just yet.  Mentally I'm doing OK.  Another losing trade was closed out today and now my trading account is in the negative for the year.  Eight days to go in the June option cycle and I probably won't be attempting another trade soon.  The stock indices really need some kind of break in the upside in my opinion.  This has been a light volume levitation and I do believe it will end badly.  That said. obviously buying the OEX calls instead of the puts was the way to go.  However the technicals said otherwise at the time.  Trading the various markets is not an easy game and can be frustrating at times.  If it was easy, everybody would be doing it and everybody would be rich.  We know this isn't the case.  Gold and the dollar both moved higher today and that hasn't been the relationship lately.  Not sure that it means anything.  I'm still looking out to the October gold share calls.  We'll keep an eye on the foreign markets overnight and go from there.  

No comments: