Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Another day, another downer as the Dow fell 236 points and closed on the low for the day. The advance/declines were about 8 to 1 negative and the volume was light. No buyers in sight despite the very oversold condition. Could be dangerous. Not to mention we have a holiday tomorrow and a shortened session on Friday. I suppose we will look to the European markets for direction but they are in the same free fall as the US. Summation index gapping lower and I have no idea why the market is dropping. Not sure where we are heading from here but the stock indices must know something. GE fell 1/4 on average volume. I adjusted the open order for the January calls overnight and it wasn't filled despite the downdraft. I then went back to my original order and was filled. Plenty of time on this trade but it won't work if we continue to head in a straight line down. Not sure this is the right thing to do but it was the idea and I still think it may be valid. Time will tell. Gold fell $6 on the futures and was lower early. The US dollar had a very good day in the flight to safety for whatever reason. So gold itself held up pretty good. The XAU did not as it fell 5 1/2. ABX lost 1 1/8, GG dropped 2 1/8 and NEM down 1 1/2. Volume was light. The Gold/XAU ratio is just about at the recent buy level. I'm not sure if I should try the December of January gold share call options. The premiums are still high for January. It's something to think about this weekend because I don't think I'll be buying anything until next week. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well and I'm ill. Almost impossible for me to concentrate on what needs to be done. Thankfully it's a long weekend ahead and I should be back to normal on Monday. The stock indices are oversold both short and medium term. There will be some type of bounce soon. What happens after the bounce will determine what kind of market we're in. The markets continue to be held hostage by the European debt problems. It is still a headline trading driven affair. I think we will take our cues from what happens the rest of the week in the foreign markets. It's anybodies guess really. There is nothing wrong with waiting things out on the sidelines as well. The technicals are calling for a bounce and we haven't gotten any. Things could get interesting and not in a bullish way. We'll see.

No comments: