Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Another quiet day as the Dow gained 20 points on holiday light volume. Advance/declines were about even. Meandering around here is about the best way to describe it. Basically waiting for the beginning of 2011. Summation index moving higher. Hard to get excited here due to the lack of market participants. GE was up 13 cents and the volume here wasn't bad, considering. But we are very overbought and that condition needs to be relieved. My GE calls are still doing OK. Gold had a very good day, up $22. The XAU rose 4 3/8. ABX up 1 1/3, GG up 3/4 and NEM up 1 1/2. Volume was very light. My GG calls are in the black but unfortunately GG was the laggard of the group. I would have liked to have seen more of a gain there. I am beginning to think that I will be out of this trade sooner rather than later. The volume isn't there due to the holiday week. Also the gold shares are lagging the metal itself and that usually isn't bullish. The dollar didn't do much today but interest rates are on the rise in the US. That should attract money to the US dollar at some point. That won't be bullish for gold. On the plus side we were oversold on the gold shares and the technicals have turned up. We'll see how long that lasts. Mentally I'm feeling tired, did not sleep well or long enough. My 2 positions are in the black but we all know how quick things can change in this game. I'm still of the idea to hold on into the beginning of next year. That's where I stand at the moment.

No comments: