Pageviews past week

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The Dow closed higher by 13 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were negative. We are very overbought both short and medium term. We really need to see some type of pullback. If not, a consolidation at the least. We could get a market melt up but the odds for that are slim. I'm still a believer in higher prices but I don't think it will just be a straight line. I'm still considering some OEX calls for next week. GE was flat today on lighter volume. The January calls I own are still in the black. GE needs to consolidate as well before moving higher. That would be the ideal scenario but we all know that rarely happens. Gold took a hit today as the dollar was higher for the third day in a row. It fell $25. The XAU lost 4 3/4. ABX down 1 1/4, GG down 1 1/2 and NEM down 1 5/8. Volume was pretty good to the downside. Perhaps this is the decline that I was waiting for to get long some January gold share calls. I'll be waiting for an oversold reading on the technicals and then I will purchase some options. That's the idea at the moment. I still feel that there is demand for the precious metal due to global economic uncertainty. I don't see that changing anytime soon. The dollar is also a major factor here. It seems to have found a bid lately but I don't think that will last forever. We'll see. Mentally I'm feeling a bit tired, did not sleep enough. 7 days left in the December option cycle. I'll be keeping an eye on the OEX here. If we see some near term weakness, I'll be trying the calls at the beginning of next week. That is the game plan for now.

No comments: