Pageviews past week

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Dow continued lower today and fell 178 points on good volume. Advance/declines were 6 to 1 negative. The summation index is heading down. Trouble in Europe surfaced again, with Ireland being todays main culprit. The trend has changed but we are oversold and I think there will be a decent bounce before expiration. I have an open order in for some OEX calls. I was just going to pack it in with regards to trading for the year but I've changed my mind. Opportunities should be taken advantage of. We'll see what happens. I do think that we will be heading lower for a couple of weeks though. Gold got clobbered again as the dollar continues higher. The precious metal futures lost over $35. The XAU fell 6 and change. ABX, GG and NEM were all lower by a buck or more on good volume. I don't have any trades in mind here but I will get long when there is a valid signal in my opinion. GE dropped 1/3 on better than average volume. The calls I own lost a bit of ground but this is a longer term trade. I'll dump them if we completely fall apart here but I do not expect that to happen. Of course I've been wrong most of the year. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The psychology of the market is changing here from bullish to bearish. I don't think that it will last too long but we'll see. 3 days to go for the November option cycle. If my order for the OEX calls isn't filled tomorrow I may have to adjust it. My hope is that it gets filled on a weaker opening. We all know that hope isn't a good way to trade. So we'll see what happens overnight and take it from there.

No comments: