Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Dow got the expected bounce today, up 173 points on good volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. Expiration tomorrow and then we'll see what happens. If the recent down move is more than just a short term correction, we should see weakness soon. If it is just a pause in the ongoing move higher, we may consolidate for a while before resuming the rally. I'm leaning towards a resumption of the downside. Perhaps some OEX puts will be in order next week. Gold gained $16 as the dollar was weaker today. The XAU rose 3 1/2. ABX was up 3/8, while GG and NEM were up 3/4. Volume was lighter than lately. We will have to see how things shake out here as well. I'm leaning towards the calls here after a period of sideways consolidation. Patience for now. GE was higher today and the January options that I hold were flat. This trade is not working out as I had hoped. I'm thinking that perhaps I will get out of this trade soon. When the underlying instrument moves higher and the calls don't budge, it isn't a good sign. So it's looking like just another mistake in the year of many. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Not much else to report. We'll get through tomorrow and then a holiday week of trading. The European debt fears seemed to blow over rather quickly this time. Perhaps they will resurface but that's a guess. On to Friday.

No comments: