Pageviews past week

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

We were down for most of the day but came back in the last hour to finish up 15 points. Advance/declines were even and the volume was heavy. Summation index still going higher. I think we are marking time until Friday. What happens then is anybodies guess. We could go either way at this point. There isn't a clear signal. I'll be watching and waiting. Gold lost a couple bucks today but the XAU dropped over 4 3/4. ABX, GG and NEM all lost 1 1/2 on heavy volume. There is liquidation of commodity stocks going on in a big way. A commodity hedge fund has failed. I think it's a good buying opportunity but technically the charts look like there is more to go on the downside. The GG calls are now losers. Of course I'm not pleased that I didn't dump them last week but I still think it will be OK with all the time that's left. But I could be wrong and often am. Oil and the dollar didn't do much today. GE was flat on light volume. Mentally I'm doing OK. Volume is back in the market, all the players have returned. I expect to see some fireworks on Friday. Which way we go here is the question. European bank meetings tomorrow. That could affect the dollar. I'll stay with the GG calls for a bit more but anything could happen. So we'll get through tomorrow and go from there.

No comments: