Pageviews past week

Monday, September 08, 2008

OK we have a bailout. The US government went in over the weekend to save Fannie and Freddie from themselves. The Dow soared 290 points on very heavy volume. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 positive. I'd like to say that the decline is over but I believe otherwise. The markets are acting completely out of whack. I still think we will break down from the lows of the summer. I am looking to buy some OEX puts before Thursday. That is the game plan for the OEX at the moment. Could change at anytime. Gold opened higher again and couldn't hold on. It finished unchanged while the gold shares got killed again. The XAU lost 5 1/3. ABX and GG shed another 1 1/2, while NEM lost 1/2. All on heavy volume. It's a broken record to the downside here. All my GG calls are under water. Either gold is going to go way down here or the gold shares are going to have quite a rally. I cannot explain what is happening here with the gold stocks. They have really fallen apart. The dollar sold off early and came all the way back with a vengeance. It's a flight to safety in my opinion and who knows what happens next? At this rate the gold stocks will all be going to zero. GE had a great day, up over a buck on heavy volume. Maybe the market just rallies from here according to GE. I don't believe it yet. Mentally I'm a bit tired, up early and not a good nights sleep. There are things happening in the markets at the moment that I don't have an explanation for. If I had any common sense, I would get out and step aside for a while until things calm down. What normally works for me in the markets, isn't working now. You always have to make adjustments. Whether it's a worldwide margin call or something else, I'm not privy to the information. The technicals aren't working. I don't think the XAU can get any worse from here but I said that a couple of weeks ago too. Gold and oil have stabilized lately but the shares of those two continue to plummet. We'll see where the markets take us tomorrow.

No comments: