Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

OK, it's just getting a little too crazy for me. We ended up 153 points on the Dow with extremely heavy volume again. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 positive. In the last 2 hours we were up over 180 points, moved into negative territory and then roared back to finish over 150 points up on the day. I had an order in for OEX puts that didn't get filled. Of course when we started to drop I wished that I had adjusted it. An hour later when we came back, I was glad I didn't. And there lies the problem with this market and attempting to trade it here. It is out of control volatility. It's happening for a reason and I still don't know what that is. The McClellan oscillator might have made it back into positive territory today and the summation index is perhaps starting to turn around. Those are positives if they occur. I still feel that the lows will be tested, I'm just not sure if that's the next trade now. Gold rose $4 today as the dollar was weaker even though interest rates went higher. The XAU was up 4 points. Both ABX and NEM had good days. Could it be time for the calls here? GE had another good day and is back over $40. Could it be that the decline is over and we just go up from here? It's possible I suppose. Perhaps it will be a repeat of last year when September and October were up months. However nothing can be discounted in a market like this. The trading is perilous. It's frustrating and tougher then usual to do. The smart thing to do is tread lightly until things calm down. Which isn't about to happen anytime soon with option expiration next week.

No comments: