Pageviews past week

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Another wild day on Wall Street. We ended the day down 15 points after being off well over 300 points. Advance/declines were negative and the volume was heavy again. It's possible that today marked a short term bottom. Only time will tell. I don't think it's thee bottom but we could hold up for a few days. There's a short term buy signal in effect. We could also go down 500 points tomorrow, that's what kind of market that we are in. Gold got shellacked today, off $20. I did say yesterday that there was a buy signal for gold according to an indicator I follow. That hasn't changed. I had an overnight order in for some ABX calls based on that and ABX got clobbered today, down 1 1/2. It was a point lower then that early in the day. I had put in an order with the expectation that it wouldn't get filled and I would adjust it. Well it got filled of course with a day like today. Even with ABX down, it's showing a small profit. The volatility keeps the premiums higher then usual. The XAU was down almost 7. So who knows what will happen tomorrow. My thinking is that this trade will work. We'll get some type of snap back in gold between now and when these calls expire I believe. So we'll see. GE is holding the weekly up trend line for now and rose 30 cents on heavy volume. Mentally I'm a bit tired without a good nights sleep. Expiration tomorrow and as usual anything can happen. It certainly has been an interesting summer so far...

No comments: