Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Dow gained 98 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were about 2 to 1 positive. The Feds statement was seen as bullish and that led to todays rise. The economic data came in mixed. The GDP was actually higher than expected and my guess there was wrong. However gold did rise over $7 today as the dollar lost ground. The XAU was up almost 2 points but the volume wasn't that great. I sold my ABX calls. It was around a 100% gain. I just didn't like the action in the gold shares today. With gold up good and a strong market rally, I would have expected to see a nice rise in the gold shares. It didn't happen so I bailed out. I would like to buy some calls again but at a better price. We are somewhat overbought here on the gold shares and I will be purchasing some more calls if we get a pullback. We are also overbought short term on the overall market but I'm not looking to get any puts right now. That could change when I check things later tonight. I suppose that the next event will be the employment report on Friday. I have no specific thoughts there. Mentally I am feeling OK. I am hoping that I did the right thing today. You might think that a 100% gain is good but it isn't when it could have been more. However I will put this trade behind me and move on. It is really what you have to do. It will be interesting to see where we go from here. I will be looking to get some calls in ABX or NEM before the earnings are reported near the end of February. Perhaps next week or the week after. That's all for now.

No comments: