Pageviews past week

Monday, January 22, 2007

The blog is early today as I have other commitments and will be leaving at the close. It's a downside day as we have been off over 100 points on the Dow at times. Advance/declines are about 2 to 1 negative with about an hour to go. The summation index is pointing down again. We'll see how we close. I bought some February ABX calls this morning. Gold is down a touch today as is the XAU and ABX. The technicals are oversold on a daily and weekly basis for ABX. We are right at support and I expect it to hold. The calls were pretty cheap. I am expecting to manage this trade better than the last one. We'll see. I have finally come to the realization that trading is a process and not an end result. This is an epiphany. As for gold itself, it has been rising lately but the gold stocks haven't. This isn't a good sign however we are getting close to the .2 ratio for the XAU and the price of gold and that is a longer term buy signal. I would really like to go out to March on some gold share calls also but not just yet. We'll see how this trade goes. Mentally I've put last week behind me and I'm moving on. It's all you can do and what you must do. I've been getting enough sleep and doing the work necessary to give myself a chance to be successful. We'll see what happens...

No comments: