Pageviews past week

Friday, January 05, 2007

The Dow lost about 83 points on good volume again. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative. It could have been worse. However we are short term oversold here. I would expect a bounce but I'm not sure that it will go anywhere. GE was down another 1/4 and my calls are right where I bought them. I am really beginning to think that I just need to get out of this trade and try something else. 2 weeks left on the options with one less day due to a holiday. The volume on GE was lighter than yesterday. I'll check the charts over the weekend but it looks like it's time to go. I can always buy them back. Gold got clobbered today and was down almost $20. The XAU held up pretty good though and was only off about a point and a quarter. I don't think it's time to buy the gold shares here but it might be close. The dollar was higher on the strong employment report. I think that this week does some real damage to the longer term gold chart but I'll have to check to be sure. It was a short first week for the markets due to the extra day off for former president Gerald Fords death. The week did not go as expected in my view. I thought we would begin the new year to the upside. I will have to reassess things from here. Mentally I'm not feeling good about the GE trade. I should have played it very short term and taken the small profit that I had. It could still work out but I'm not so sure. I really don't see any good set-ups here just yet. Patience is key I suppose. Time to relax for a day or so and then check the charts for next week.

No comments: