Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It was a crazy day to start the new year. The Dow ended up 11 points on very heavy volume. Advance/declines were slightly positive. We were up over a hundred and fell hard to over 50 points down. The culprit was the release of the Fed minutes. I did not like todays action. I expected us to end up much higher on the day. The fact that the summation index is pointing down doesn't help the bullish cause. I was lucky. GE rose over 70 cents on good volume. Somehow and I certainly don't know how. My calls are in the black. I was looking for these things to double and I don't know if that will happen given todays action. My thinking is to get out somehow with a profit but that may not happen either. Trading is tough, no matter which way it goes. You've always got to be thinking on the fly. Gold was down over 8 bucks today and the XAU got slammed, off over 5 points. The volume there was good. The dollar was stronger today and I don't know the reason or excuse. I'm staying away from gold for now but and keeping an eye on it because I will want to get long in a big way there at some point this year. But for now it is GE as my main focus. Of course I would like to start the new year on a positive note. We'll see. Mentally I am not feeling good about todays market. Tomorrow will be important. If we follow through to the downside, it will say a lot about where we are going near term. I still think the money flow should be positive right now so I'm sticking with the calls. The relative strength on GE is really pretty good. I can't say that I'll hold on until the end of the expiration cycle or even until the end of the week. But it was a very interesting day and we'll see where we go from here.

No comments: