Pageviews past week

Friday, July 28, 2006

Is the trend up? The Dow tacked on another 120 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. How far can we go? Who knows? Summation index higher and you can't fight that. I will be waiting for the Fed meeting in August and hope to get short before it. I think that will be the surprise and the play for August. Gold didn't do much today and the XAU roared back another 4 points. ABX was up almost a buck and it doesn't look like I'll get a play in there but we'll see. Earnings for ABX are after the bell on Wednesday. The options are expensive. The volume is on the upside for sure there now so it looks like it could work. I hate to chase it though. However I saw the exact same thing happen during the last earnings cycle. NEM came out with good earnings and sold off just like this time. And then when ABX came out with its earnings it rose a couple points regardless of NEM. The relative strength is with ABX. I'd like to give it a shot if I get a chance. Otherwise not much else to say. It's the weekend and summertime so I'll enjoy it while I can. I'll check the charts over the weekend and take it from there...

No comments: