Pageviews past week

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Dow rose another 52 points today on good volume again. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 positive. This is the first time in quite a while we have actually seen some follow-thru on a rally. I think we are in a summer rally. August calls will be the play perhaps. Gold was up around 5 bucks and the XAU rose over 3 points. I would like to get some calls here but I may have missed it. NEM has its earnings out on Thursday and ABX reports next Wednesday. I hate to chase things but this could be one of those times where it pays off. Or not. I think we are in a bullish market mode. I don't know the reason. The trouble with gold is that when the Israel vs. Lebanon crisis has a cease-fire, the price of bullion should drop. I might wait for that. Gold is also showing strength in the face of a rising dollar and that doesn't make any sense. So it just doesn't get any easier. I'll wait it out here for a while though because we are in the first week of the option cycle. Mentally, all is well and I'm looking forward to making some money here shortly. Gotta be ready to act though. Hopefully the market will set up now for the fall in the fall...

No comments: