Pageviews past week

Monday, July 24, 2006

The Dow soared 180 points on pretty good volume for a summer Monday. Advance/declines were 4 to 1 positive. I'm not so sure this is the start of something big but who knows? I think it's more of a reaction to the expiration on Friday. Sometimes on the following Monday the market does the exact opposite of Fridays action. Gold was down $7 but the XAU gained over 2 points. I would like to get long some gold shares as my next trade. I'm looking at ABX and NEM. The technicals are oversold, longer term. I'll be looking for a pullback from todays movement and may put on a trade if that happens. I'll have to check some longer term charts just to make sure. Just starting to get back into market mode. Mentally I feel fine and am waiting for the next set-up. The vacation seems to have done me good. But we all know the real test is the trading itself. I'll need to get some ideas about the markets future. And go from there...

No comments: