Pageviews past week

Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Dow lost 2 points today on good volume. Advance/declines were negative. The overall market was much weaker than the Dow. GDP report tomorrow. No trades in the OEX for now. I'm still trying to get a handle on things. Gold was up over $10 today. However the XAU was down over 4 points and the volume picked up in the gold shares. Interesting. I would still like to get long some gold stocks but now I'm not so sure. NEM came out with great earnings and sold off over 2 bucks. ABX announces on Wednesday. I still might buy some calls there. But it's a tough call. Summation index still higher so I will lean towards the bullish camp. I'm trying to get back into the groove. I need to step up my readings and get motivated. Mentally feeling good still from the vacation but I need to concentrate on what needs to be done. It's hard to get the feel after being gone for a while but time will cure that. I also need to switch brokerages for my longer term trades because TD Ameritrade is just too cheap with the interest rates as the money is parked. That is something I will try to get done in the next couple of weeks. Otherwise I suppose I'll let this week pass and get ready to trade next week...

No comments: