Pageviews past week

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Dow lost 200 points today after the Fed chairmans comments. Volume was average and the advance/declines were over 3 to 1 positive. Can't say I saw something like that coming and now it looks like lower prices are in the offing. I'd like to get some OEX calls but I'm unsure of myself right now. The volatility has thrown me for a loop. I'll wait for a decent signal and then go from there if it happens. Gold was up 7 bucks today but the XAU lost over 3 points. I had a brief thought of getting some puts this morning but my mind hasn't been focused as it needs to be. Don't know if that would have done anything anyway. The markets are in a state of flux. The movements are pronounced. I need to adjust to that. I think the summer will be slow. The time to make some money is perhaps now. I don't know if I can take advantage of it. Mentally, I'm not where I need to be. The discipline needed is a lot. I haven't had it lately. Things just don't happen to be successful. You've got to make then happen and I haven't been doing that lately. So it will be the sidelines for now. I really haven't got a choice. I don't want to do anything stupid but you never know. We'll see if we can make a comeback tomorrow or if we go to new lows.

No comments: