Pageviews past week

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Dow finally bounced today, up 110 points. Advance/declines were slightly positive and the volume was good. I really did want to buy some OEX calls today but I didn't. I'm not a believer in this rally. The overall market was much weaker than the Dow. But we are so oversold that another day or two of rally isn't out of the question. Gold was little changed today but the XAU rose over 2 points. I think a base probably needs to be built here before any rally of conseqence. I could be wrong. Mentally I'm out of my element. I'm not at my house and the normal trading enviornment. That is important. You don't realize these things until they actually happen sometimes. Controling your trading enviornment is important. You have to have the proper equipment. You have to be in the right frame of mind. Routine can be very vital to your success as a trader. The work has to be done every day and you have to be consistant. I am taking a break here but the market never stops. Getting back to the markets themselves, I don't think this is the end of the recent worldwide liquidation. Probably just a pause before we begin a long, dull summer. I really don't see anything on the horizon that would get anybody excited about buying stocks. We'll see what happens...

No comments: