Pageviews past week

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Dow was up 7 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. It was a lackluster day as expected. So far all we've gotten is a weak bounce. Probably more downside to follow. I had thought about getting some GE calls since the chart was looking promising. The earnings came out today and the stock sold off. Didn't I say something about not getting any more GE options this year? I think I did and I need to remember that. Gold was off over a buck and the XAU rose a half. NEM was down a few cents. The calls I own are slightly in the red. Earnings for this one are a week from tomorrow, when the options expire. I'm thinking I might just bail out before them if I can show a profit. Or it might be too late to do anything by then anyway. I guess we'll have to see what gold does over the weekend. I'll need to check the charts and be ready for Monday. But it is a long weekend and I'll want to just take it easy for a while. Mentally I guess a little break would be OK. I didn't sleep all that well last night so I'm glad today was mellow. However I really need to do some more work to seek some other opportunities. The stock market itself has been moving sideways and it's hard to make money in that kind of environment. I also have some cash sitting in another account that needs to be put to work. So there are things to do and take care of over the weekend. But I will try and get some rest and take my mind off this crazy game...

No comments: