Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Dow rose 85 points today on average volume. Advance/declines were positive but not as much as you would expect for a market up 85. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq lagged. So I guess the move is not to be trusted just yet. The trade number came out with less of a deficit for the month of December. It was a mover but not in the way one would expect. The dollar sold off and gold rallied. Again, the number itself did not mean anything. Once more the technicals must be the basis for trading decisions. The XAU soared for its best day in months, up 3 1/2 points. All the gold shares were up and ABX gained over 75 cents. All the call options I own are now in the black. My dilemma now is when to dump these things. I think we could have resistance at the 50 day moving average line for ABX at around 23. Perhaps I will get rid of the March calls there. But I think the longer term will result in higher prices and I will hold the April calls and look to add to that position. No other trades but I think a short on the OEX will present itself in the weeks ahead. I'll be looking to March for that. We'll see how the week closes out tomorrow.

No comments: