Pageviews past week

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

The Dow moved higher today, gaining over 45 points. Volume picked up and the advance/declines were slightly positive. Not a great day with the breadth. I'm thinking it's an expiration move up. Greenspan will jabber tomorrow and we'll wait for the markets interpretation. Gold was down a bit today as was the XAU and ABX. Volume shrank however and I feel a pause is due. But I still feel the weekly trend is up. I'm holding on to my calls. I am now going to lament a bit about the life of a trader. It is a lonely affair most times. I do my trading by myself because the less interruptions and disturbances, the better. However when the trading day is done it is frustrating that there is nobody to discuss the days events with. Most of my interactions are with people who haven't a clue about the markets. All they want is for me to make them money without them doing any of the work. For the most part people are lazy and go to their hourly pay jobs. They have no clue as to the concepts for making money for themselves, on their own time and terms. They flock like sheep, with no ambition and fairy tale dreams, hoping to win the lotto or something like that. It would be nice if once in a while somebody knew what they were talking about. But such is the life of a trader. It is my calling and I can't expect others to understand that. I know what I'm looking for and I have made my choice. Just felt like complaining a little about it today. It doesn't change anything. I'm still determined and set on reaching my goals, regardless of what others may think or do.

No comments: