Pageviews past week

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Pretty much a sideways summer session as the Dow dipped 6 points on good volume. The advance/declines were negative. The summation index remains in a channel. The NASDAQ led the way lower which is not a plus. Waiting on after the bell earnings as there isn't much to trade off of this week. The S&P 500 posted a small loss. The short term indicators there have begun to stall at the mid-range level. No clear signal one way or the other on the S&P so I will remain on the sidelines with regards to the SPY options for now. Gold continued higher as the futures gained $63. The US dollar was a touch lower and interest rates continued to climb. The XAU was up 9 3/4 and GDX added 2 1/2. Volume was average here. The short term indicators for GDX are moving up. It appears that I've missed this move higher for the gold shares but we'll have to see where it goes from here. I still like the idea of the GDX calls moving forward. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The VIX was bit lower today. Its short term indicators are stalling. The daily candlestick chart here still looks like it wants to go lower. Trying to remain patient here as we look for the next trade. The markets are still in headline risk mode. We will wait for the next good technical signal and go from there. Not sure how long that will take. Asia was generally lower and Europe higher overnight. I'll keep an eye on tonights events.

No comments: