Pageviews past week

Friday, February 23, 2024

Just hanging around today to digest yesterdays huge gains as the Dow rose 62 points on light volume. The advance/declines were positive. The summation index is still moving sideways. The Dow led the way today and the NASDAQ posted a small loss. New all time highs for the Dow and the S&P 500 again. The S&P remains short term overbought with the negative RSI divergence still in place on the daily chart. If we can remain positive into Tuesday I'll be trying the SPY March puts. Inflation data due out on Thursday. Gold was up $15 on the futures. The US dollar ended flat again and interest rates were lower. The XAU gained 1 7/8, while GDX was up 1/2. Volume was good to the upside. The short term indicators for GDX have turned up and the daily candlestick chart looks positive. My open order for the GDX March calls wasn't filled and it looks like I've maybe missed this trade. I'll leave the order out there and see what happens in the beginning of next week. Mentally I'm feeling OK. The VIX was lower and the short term indicators still have room to move down. The VIX still implies higher stock prices in the near term. We'll see. I'll take the weekend to go over the charts for some type of game plan next week. For now I'm still a believer in the negative RSI divergence on the S&P daily chart. Throw in a short term overbought signal on Tuesday and I'll be trying the puts. But we have to get there first. Europe finished higher and Asia was mixed to close out the week. It's Friday afternoon and time for a break.

No comments: