Pageviews past week

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Another sell off to begin the month as the Dow fell 78 points on good volume.  The advance/declines were positive though.  The Dow was off over 175 early and spent the rest of the day trying to come back.  I canceled my stop loss order overnight as I feel that the market is going to turn back up here.  The technical work that I do is pointing towards that.  It doesn't mean that it will happen but the odds favor that it does.  The summation index is heading sideways here.  But make no mistake.  The S&P 500 needs to hold the 2050 level or things will go lower in a hurry.  GE was up a few cents as it came off of its lows as well.  GE needs to get going to the upside or the GE April call trade could be a total loss.  Gold found buyers to start the month as the futures gained $25 out of the blue.  The US dollar was lower but not enough to generate a move like that in gold.  The XAU rose 3 3/8, while GDX was up a point.  Volume surged to the upside and that is bullish.  ABX was up over a buck on huge volume.  That is almost 10% in one day for this issue.  Needless to say I would have made a lot more money if I would have held onto the ABX April call trade.  This stock is showing the best relative strength now.  I'm looking at the May and the October calls.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  I will say that my read on the markets have been off lately.  I expected a slow week due to the holiday and it has been anything but that.  So I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  The short term technical indicators for the major stock indices are still oversold.  Tomorrow should be a waiting game for Fridays employment report.  But anything can happen.  I'd expect some follow through for gold here, so we'll see what happens.  My tactics on the recent ABX April call trade were wrong as well.  A profitable trade it was but much was left on the table.  I suppose I could have bought them back yesterday but I was looking out further in time.  Hindsight is never wrong.  We'll see how things close out for the week tomorrow. 

No comments: