Pageviews past week

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Back to the upside as volatility has returned.  The Dow gained 102 points on good volume.  The advance/declines were 2 to 1 positive.  The summation index is moving sideways.  Declines are being purchased.  Perhaps the major stock indices will simply move sideways here before heading one way or the other.  The odds favor eventually higher prices in my opinion.  The short term technical indicators are trying to roll back to the upside.  No OEX trades right now.  GE was flat on the session and the volume was light.  My open order remains for the March calls here.  Gold fell back almost $20 today on the futures as the US dollar had a sharp rebound.  The XAU lost 2 1/2.  ABX and NEM fell 1/2, while GG shed 7/8.  Volume was average.  My ABX January calls are still showing a profit but not as much.  Volatility has returned in the gold market as well.  USO was lower today and I am still debating on whether to attempt a trade here or not.  If the options for February get cheap enough, I'll probably give it a try.  Mentally I'm feeling OK.  Perhaps we are in a pause for the major stock indices here but we will have to see how it plays out.  Working off the extended overbought condition is how I'd term the recent price action.  But with the Fed minutes tomorrow and the employment report on Friday, we do have catalysts for price action.  Once again , I do not expect any major decline.  Gold has been acting strange lately but with the long bullish candlestick on the daily chart, I've got to think that there will be a positive short term outcome here.  I could be wrong.  The technicals on the gold share indexes are mid-range.  USO is another idea but I am not used to trading it.  Technically it is overblown to the downside.  I'll give it some more time most likely before deciding on what to do.  We'll follow the action overseas tonight and see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: