Pageviews past week

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We continued lower today but finished off of the worst levels as the Dow fell 71 points on average volume. The advance/declines were about 2 to 1 negative. The summation index is heading lower. I'm not exactly sure what's next but what else is new? Still overbought on the technicals for the stock indices. 2 days remaining this month. Volatility spiked up early today but then fell back. We could go either way near term but I'm still looking for higher prices into the April option expiration. GE ended up flat on the day on better volume. We're moving sideways again here. The May calls for GE are still on my radar. If the options get to the price level that I'd like to pay, I'll probably give that trade a try. Gold fell today, off over $25 on the futures. The US dollar was marginally higher. The XAU lost 3 7/8. ABX down 2/3, GG lower by 1/2 and NEM shed another buck. I placed an overnight order for the April ABX calls but it wasn't filled. I'm leaving it in overnight and I may modify it early tomorrow morning. Oversold on the technicals plus the Gold/XAU ratio is still deep in the buy zone. The Gold/XAU ratio has been in the buy zone for quite some time yet the gold shares continue lower. That won't last forever. Mentally I'm feeling a bit tired, did not sleep well. We'll have to see how the stock indexes fare tomorrow afters todays decline and comeback. We'll also be looking to see if gold follows through to the downside. I'll consider the ABX April call trade again tonight and try to decide what to do tomorrow. I still think that purchasing the ABX calls again here is the proper trade. We'll see.

No comments: