Pageviews past week

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oversold and staying there as the Dow lost 145 points today. Advance/declines were over 3 to 1 negative and the volume was average. The OEX calls I have are in the red. Todays developments have me questioning whether or not this trade will work. The summation index will be turning back down after todays action. Perhaps just sticking with the puts is the proper course of action. I expect some type of bounce here but now I suspect it will not be a sustained move higher. So we'll see. GE lost more ground today on increased volume. No time for buying calls there now. They are certainly cheap but maybe headed to zero. Gold was up over $10 today but the XAU fell 1 1/2. ABX, GG and NEM were all off fractionally after being higher early. Volume was light. The dollar didn't do much today. No solid idea of what to do here with respect to the gold shares except stay on the sidelines. Mentally I'm feeling good, slept well. So I'm in a trade that doesn't look good now but there is plenty of time and we are oversold. I originally wanted to hold it for 4 days and I'm going to stick with that. However the market isn't acting well here and that must be taken into consideration going forward. Volatility has picked up which will help keep the option premiums juiced. We'll see how we close out the week.

No comments: