Pageviews past week

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

To the downside as the Dow lost 149 points today. Advance/declines were 3 to 1 negative and the volume was average. My OEX puts are in the black but we are now short term oversold. I did not sell them today because the down trend was strong. Also the transports were really weak and can be a harbinger of things to come. But I should dump them tomorrow if my brain is working. We have the Fed announcement on interest rates tomorrow. I don't expect anything new there and neither does anyone else. GE lost 30 cents today on light volume. Not exactly sure I want to try the calls there now. The daily chart doesn't look bullish. Gold was flat today but the XAU followed the overall market lower, down 1 7/8. ABX and NEM were flat, while GG lost 3/8. Volume was light. The dollar didn't do much today. Mentally I'm a little tired, did not sleep enough. So we've seen some weakness and the OEX puts are showing a profit. Monday morning would have been the correct time to purchase them but that is hindsight. However it does remind you that overnight risk cannot be taken lightly. In that case it was over the weekend risk. However I have to go from here. The puts should be sold tomorrow and then we'll see where we go from there.

No comments: