Pageviews past week

Monday, June 21, 2010

A one day reversal to the downside as the Dow was up around 140 points early but ended the day with a loss of 8 points. Advance/declines were negative and the volume was light to average. I still have the OEX puts that I bought on Friday. If we would have opened lower I would have dumped them but that was not the case. I should get rid of them tomorrow on any weakness. I don't think that this is the beginning of a sustained down move but what do I know? The overall market was weaker than the Dow. The OEX puts are about break even. Today would have been the ideal purchase date. GE was up fractionally on light volume. I still may try the July calls there if the price drops to my level. We'll see about that. Gold fell $17 and even more in the aftermarket. The XAU dropped 4 points. ABX and GG were down about 1 1/2, while NEM lost 1 3/4. Volume was average. Is this time to try the gold shares? Not after todays action. Perhaps if we make it back to the rising daily trend line on the gold shares. Mentally I'm feeling OK. Volatility returned today but I have to wonder, is it just a one day affair? Could be, because we will move to short term oversold tomorrow with a simply flat market. However the action today was bearish. But this also could have just been a reaction to the expiration on Friday. So as usual there are lots of questions without a lot of solid answers. I should sell the OEX puts tomorrow unless we completely collapse and I doubt that is in the cards.

No comments: