Pageviews past week

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A slight pause after 2 pretty good up days as the Dow lost 26 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. We were lower from the open and stayed that way for the trading day. I placed an open order for some OEX puts and I'm leaving it in overnight. I'm still a believer in the downside here but things could change as always. Employment report on Friday and it should be a market mover. I'm not sure If I'm going to take a position before then but probably will. Gold lost $6 today and the XAU fell 1 3/4. ABX and GG were off about 1/2, while NEM was higher by about as much. Volume was light. The dollar had a better day today. I'm not planning on doing anything in the gold shares at the moment. Perhaps before the February expiration. Mentally I'm doing OK, could have slept more. So I have an order in for some OEX puts but I'm not exactly sure if this is the right thing to do. Summation index still pointing down and we are in the process or have worked off the short term oversold condition. So it's a tough call as usual. I still think that it might be worth a shot though. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Perhaps sleeping on it will give a more concrete resolution.

No comments: