Pageviews past week

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The McClellan oscillator signal was valid as the Dow lost 101 points today. Volume picked up a bit from what it's been lately. Advance/declines were over 2 to 1 negative. So there's another trade missed but what can you do? I don't think this will be an extended decline but I haven't done anything right lately. Volume has been higher on the declines for the last few weeks and that could be troublesome going forward. We'll see. Gold was off $10 and the XAU dropped 5 1/2. ABX, GG and NEM were all off a buck or more on average volume. The dollar found some strength today. The daily candlestick charts for the gold shares are now bearish. Puts can possibly be purchased on a snap back to the upside. That's my guess for now there. Mentally I'm feeling good, slept well. Now about missing this downside activity in the indices. It isn't about money. Having screwed up the last trade for a loss influenced how I handled the latest signal. It kept me on the sidelines. The mental capital lost in losing trades is one of the most important things to consider. Trades affect each other. It's important to keep your confidence. Losing trades take away from that when you don't follow your rules and maintain proper discipline. That's what just happened to me. It shouldn't. I'm working on it.

No comments: