Pageviews past week

Friday, February 19, 2010

The decline that I anticipated for today did not materialize as the Dow gained 9 points on average volume. Advance/declines were positive. The volume has actually been light all week. We did get a drop of over 50 points early but it didn't last. We're now short and medium term overbought on the stock indices. The summation index is heading higher. Although we are overbought, the trend is up. Perhaps we will continue higher into the March option expiration. That would be my guess at this point. Gold was up a touch on the futures while the XAU lost about a point. ABX, GG and NEM had fractional moves one way or the other on average volume. It was a good week for the gold shares. Was it more expiration related maneuvering or the start of an extended more higher? Overbought here as well. Always plenty of questions and lately I haven't had the answers. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept well. It was a disappointing week for me with yet another losing trade. I did not even follow my own trading rules regarding placing a stop loss order. That is unacceptable. As usual I need to work more on myself than I do on the markets. It's an ongoing project. So where do we go from here? Early in the March option cycle so there is no hurry to do anything. I'd expect some weakness early next week but who knows? I haven't exactly been accurate lately. I'll simply have to wait until I get a better feel of what's going on. It's Friday afternoon and time for a break.

No comments: