Pageviews past week

Friday, October 02, 2009

We sold off early and tried to come back all day but the Dow closed with a loss of 21 points. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative and the volume was average. Considering how weak the employment report was, it could have been worse. However we are pretty oversold here and a bounce is expected here in the next day or so. We are also at the 50 day moving average on the OEX so some type of support can be expected here. I don't think it will last though. Summation index still pointing down. Gold was up a few bucks on a weaker dollar. But it wasn't the expected rally after a weak employment report. The XAU was off about 1/2. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional losses on average volume. They were higher early. The weekly charts look bearish for the gold shares but I did put in an order for some GG calls today and it wasn't filled. I may try again next week but we'll have to see. I need to check things out over the weekend. Mentally I'm feeling OK. 2 weeks left in the October cycle and I'd really like to try something here. The market seems to have gotten pretty weak all of a sudden. I'm going to have to continue to believe that rallies can be shorted. If we even get a rally. So perhaps trying anything from the long side here isn't a good idea. I'm going to study the charts over the weekend and come up with a game plan for next week. For now, it's time for a break.

No comments: