Pageviews past week

Monday, October 12, 2009

A somewhat quiet Monday as the Dow gained 20 points. Advance/declines were positive and the volume was light. I almost bought some more OEX puts today. This has been an extremely light volume rise over the past 6 days. I do not trust it to be real. My OEX puts are losers but I do believe we will be getting a decent decline between now and the close on Thursday. I purchased too early. That's my belief at the moment. Now I could be wrong and we could break out to new recovery highs again. We'll see what happens going forward. Gold continues higher as the dollar dropped today. The precious metal was up $8 today but the XAU lost 1/3. ABX, GG and NEM were all about unchanged on light volume. Overbought here but that hasn't meant anything for gold lately. I'd like to get long if we get a pullback. Mentally I'm feeling OK, slept good. The stock market is short term overbought here and just about medium term overbought as well. I really think puts are the way to go this week, even with the expiration positive bias factor. Today was a partial holiday so we'll see how things go tomorrow when all the players have returned. No real data until Wednesday. 4 days to go on the October option cycle. I suppose that I am going to hold these puts until Thursday barring some blow-off rise tomorrow. Anything can happen in this game.

No comments: