Pageviews past week

Friday, October 09, 2009

The Dow closed at the high of the day and high for the week. The Dow was up 78 points on light volume. Advance/declines were positive. My OEX puts are in the red. Too early I suppose. There's a bank holiday on Monday as well. I am still not a believer in this advance in the Dow. The volume is light. I could be wrong and probably am considering the year I've had. Short term overbought here now but that doesn't mean that it can't last another day or so. This trade is in trouble. Gold lost a bit today, down $7. The XAU lost around a point. ABX, GG and NEM all had fractional losses on light volume. That implies that the trend is still up. The dollar had a good day but the gold shares did not sell off that bad. Overbought here as well but perhaps the gold shares will move higher for the October expiration and I'm afraid that the overall market could do the same thing. Mentally I'm feeling OK. I'll need to figure out where to put the stop loss order in for this OEX trade so I don't get completely killed again. It's frustrating but what can you do? Expiration week is upon us and it usually has a positive bias in the beginning. I smell another losing trade. It's the weekend and I'll check the charts and go from there. Time for a rest.

No comments: