Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Grinding lower as the Dow lost 90 points on average volume. Advance/declines were 2 to 1 negative. We are about ready to take out the 2002 lows for the S&P 500. Oversold and staying there. Summation index clearly pointing down. I'm thinking of getting some GE calls for a short term trade. Yes, I know that I said that I'd never try GE again. However there is a bounce coming Monday or Tuesday and the OEX options are too pricey. GE is almost at $10. Incredible. I'll mull it over tonight but I think I might give it a try. Gold lost a couple bucks but the XAU dropped over 6 points. GG and NEM had better than expected earnings so it was a sell on the news affair. ABX and NEM both off around 2 and GG down 1 1/2. Volume was decent as well. Is it time for the gold shares to take a rest? We'll see. That could coincide with a little rally in the market. But it's all just a guess as we wind out way through an epic bear market in stocks. I think gold needs a rest for now but you never know. Mentally I'm feeling fine, slept well again. I really think that you can buy weakness for a short term bounce in the next couple of days. The McClellan oscillator is getting into deep oversold territory. I'm not saying it's the beginning of anything sustainable but it could be tradeable. Whether or not I'm up for the challenge is the main question. So we'll see what the expiration brins tomorrow.

No comments: