Pageviews past week

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Dow was up 9 points today on light volume. Advance/declines were slightly negative. We are overbought. There will be a decline this week. My guess is after the Fed minutes are released or on Fridays inflation data. I would like to get some OEX puts and I am looking at them. Gold was down 2 and a half bucks today. The XAU was unchanged because FCX had a good day. The gold shares were down on light volume. The light volume was the only thing that kept me holding on to ABX. This trade is going nowhere and will most likely be a loser. Gold is overbought here too and it seems the fundamentals for the dollar have changed recently. Gold seems like it has to head lower with the recent strength in the dollar. Interest rates in the US have risen giving support for the dollar. If the inflation data is strong as I suspect it would further strengthen the dollar. So I really need to bail out of this ABX trade and look towards something else with now less than 2 weeks left in this option cycle. Unless traders flock to gold on stronger inflation, which they did at some point last month. As I stated before the weekly chart on ABX looks good for the upside and that keeps me in at this point also. But time is running thin. Mentally I'm doing good after a nice relaxing weekend. I do have a gameplan for the OEX this week and will look to the puts. GE continues lower here and it sometimes is a proxy for the overall market. But it's all just a guess at this point. The ideal scenario is to meander higher into the release of the Fed minutes and get short before then. But it's not a perfect world. We'll see what happens...

No comments: