Pageviews past week

Monday, February 05, 2007

The Dow was up 8 points on light volume. Advance/declines were negative. I am now looking to short the OEX via puts. Wednesday would be the ideal day if we hold up until then. I'm going to buy puts Wednesday if we have any strength that day. We still have to get through tomorrow of course. We are overbought on a short term basis and will be on an intermediate term basis if we hold up a couple more days. Gold was up around $5 today in spite of some dollar strength. It's getting hard to figure out just what is going on here. The XAU didn't move much though, only up about a third of a point. ABX had another good day, up 40 cents. The volume is light in the gold shares though. I'm trying to wait for a pullback here but I think the bigger picture points to higher prices for gold. I'm a bit tired today and did not sleep well last night. Less than 2 weeks left on this option cycle so it does get a bit tricky. Mentally I'm ready for the next trade and think it will be the OEX puts if the market cooperates. Like I said before, there isn't much market data out this week so perhaps the market will move on the technicals alone. We'll see.

No comments: