Pageviews past week

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Dow lost 29 points on good volume. Advance/declines were slightly negative. We were down 60 at one point but the market just doesn't want to go down here. I dumped the OEX puts at a small profit. It didn't turn out the way I expected and I didn't feel good about the way the market was reacting. This was a short term trade anyway so I am glad that I'm out but I might want to try again before expiration. We are overbought on a longer term level. Where I should have been was gold which was up over $5 today and continues to rally in the aftermarket. The XAU tacked on 2 and 1/2 points. Both ABX and NEM were higher on good volume. These issues and gold are overbought and staying there. I want to get in here somehow but it really could be too late. Even going out to March looks expensive but I did want to own something before the earnings come out. Trading is tough. It is never easy. Days like today are hard. But you've got to hang in there and keep at it. There will be good trades if you pay attention and stick to it. At any rate I would not be surprised if the overall market went down here shortly. I think the only thing keeping it up right now is the positive expiration bias. I don't think I want to hold anything over the weekend but we'll have to see how tomorrow does.

No comments: