Pageviews past week

Monday, March 13, 2006

The Dow was basically unchanged today, down 32 cents. Advance/declines were positive and the volume was light. I took a small position in OEX puts today. The stop-loss order has already been placed. My thinking is that there was no follow through to the 100 point rally of Friday and the volume has been light. No volume equals no interest. Another more important factor is that the summation index is still pointing down. There is not a lot of risk in this trade but there is not a lot of upside either unless we really get a breakdown. I don't see that happening but who knows? The technicals are mixed here but I'm taking a shot. Gold was up over $5 today but the XAU barely got higher by a point. ABX was up fractionally. I am still giving this until the end of next week so I'm looking to get out but not yet. This trade is now showing a small loss and I am way overleveraged here and it's my own fault. I still believe in it though so I am staying in for now. Not much else on the radar screen. Inflation data on Thursday. I'm not looking for much but you never know. Retail sales tomorrow. Mentally I'm dragging a bit from a poor nights sleep but hope to make up for that tonight. My mind is focused and my trading tactics this time are at least bearable. Whatever the outcome at least some things were done properly...

No comments: